Eddystone Primary School is one of only two schools that offer training for people wanting to work in a school office.
The training is designed as an introduction to the school officer role and it is held over 3 days. We have a few participants together for the first two days (to hopefully start your network of colleagues), with the other day with a partner running the front office – although our existing office staff will help and guide you if necessary. The course is designed to give participants the basic knowledge and skills to be able to undertake volunteer or relief work in schools and build their experience from there, covering the following:
- General office routines and procedures
- Integris Database (SIS) Basics covering Data Entry, Lesson Attendance
- Outreach: SMS messaging system
- Student Medication / First Aid Procedures
- Enrolment Procedures
- Faults Management
- Records Management
The cost of the course is $475 GST inclusive. This fee enables our school to provide the training alongside the responsibilities of managing a busy school.
Participants are expected to have previous experience in an administrative role.
To be able to work in a government school and/or our school, you need to complete the following:
- A valid Working With Children Card – a form for this can be collected from most Australia Post outlets or you can complete online. For more information, refer to the following link; https://workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au/
- Department Screening / National Police History Check – For details of the screening requirements set by the Education Department which are necessary to participate, please refer to the following link; https://apps.det.wa.edu.au/ecrc/
You can apply online.
- Relief Information Profile
- Confidential Declaration Form
- Code of Conduct Form
- Code of Conduct Booklet
- Employee Details Form
- Superannuation Standard Choice Form
Should this course interest you, click here to register and pay for the course.
Remember to bring all relevant paperwork on your first day – so we can get you an ID number.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR PAPERWORK – YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO THE COURSE.